Monday, October 31, 2011

MoFo Day 31, Happy Hallowe'en!

Holy last day of Vegan MoFo!  I can't believe it's the end of October.  Partly because the weather is still so lovely here. But mostly because I meant to post so much more during the month, and now it's gone! Nonetheless, while I haven't been posting, I've still been
keeping busy, and a few exciting things have recently happened.  To start, my first iherb.com order arrived last week.  Before anyone gets too excited, no-it's not THAT kind of herb store…  They bill themselves as "natural products & more".  Of course, "natural" on a label means nothing these days.  But they are largely organic, and carry tons of vegan essentials.  I started with a few things I cannot find anywhere in Korea.  Except the PB: that is readily available here, but I hadn't tried the Earth Balance version yet.  I've already placed my next order!

Looks like soup & cookies this fall!

So the other night we were itchin' for a new dinner experience, and I suggested a Korean buffet a friend recently suggested.  I usually don't care to buffet: so often I'm relegated to the salad section, & honestly I'm just not physically capable of eating enough food to make it worth the hefty price tag anyway.  But, I'd been told there were plenty of veg*n options, and we're still into trying any & every-thing new here.  Imagine my surprise when we arrived to discover it was a seafood buffet!  Of course, CW was delighted, and since it was my suggestion in the first place, we stayed.  I am now officially the best vegan fiance ever.

As it turned out, I fared quite well, for a seafood buffet anyway.  While I don't generally care to dine around that much dead animal, I did enjoy some awesome vegan options.

SEEfood buffet

Clockwise from the top: Silken tofu in sesame soy sauce; mashed sweet potato with raisins and slivered almonds; roasted garlic and gingko berries; bamboo steamed rice; and tofu pockets stuffed with glass noodles.  YUM.


My fascination with autumn here continues.  Even though it's NOVEMBER TOMORROW(!), there's still no snow and the colour of the trees is unreal.  This one looked like it was on fire:


Speaking of nature and beauty, here's what vegetarian Albert Einstein had to say:

"Our task must be to free ourselves...by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty."

 Happy Hallowe'en!




No comments: