Monday, July 2, 2012

Happy Canada Day

Happy Canada's 145th birthday to all!  Hope you had some friends, flags and fireworks to celebrate July 1 today.  I celebrated by
waking up for the first time in my cabin on Lake Manitou.  Yesterday was moving day, we now officially live in our cabin for the summer(s).  We've been working towards this for the past 2 years so it's a pretty big day. There's still plenty of work to be done, in some ways we're still "camping" (solar panels & water pump not hooked up yet, so no lights or water in the house).  But the fridge (wine), stove (coffee), bbq (veggie burgers) and toilet (well, you know…) work.  And we've got wifi!  In the middle of the woods! On an island in the middle of freakin' Lake Huron!  Life is good.  So, finally, here are a couple pix.

Reunited.  Two of my favourite things: my Jeep and the lake.

Moving day!

My astoundingly comfy king size bed: Which I bought 6 years ago with the first paycheque from my awesome UofC job: then 9 months later put into storage when I moved across the planet. 

View from the our bedroom.


Last night we sat by the water and did this for a couple hours.



Let me know if you're in the neighbourhood, there's room for company ☺ 




1 comment:

.sonya hope said...

Vegan mac n'cheese in that gorgeous setting?!? Please say you're taking reservations for next year! A few days during the week of July 14-20 work for you? LoL