Sunday, June 24, 2012

Last Day

Rainy last day in Calgary, but that didn't slow me down any.  The vast majority of the day was spent on
17th Ave downtown.  C & I took the roommate for lunch to Coup, the greatest vegan-friendly restaurant in town, then moseyed on over the The Ship for an afternoon cocktail and some Euro football.  Enroute, we discovered this

Poutine, eh!

The food outlet isn't new, but the vegan poutine listed on the menu is. 

Greatest. Food. Combination. Ever.

Usually I have to wait until Toronto for vegan poutine.  Yeah Calgary! 

Also went for dinner and a movie with a dear friend, and can give 2 thumbs up to Snow White & The Huntsman. With the exception of the last 30 seconds of the film, it was a great retelling this Brothers Grimm fairy tail.

This trip "home" has been one of the best. Admittedly, I wasn't able to squeeze in all the visits I hoped; really I never can.  But the time spent walking my old streets and visiting with dearly missed family and friends has lifted my spirits and fed my soul.  It is wonderful to be reminded that the time apart does not matter, it is the time together that makes all the difference.  I am so truly grateful for the amazing people in my life.


No comments: